Movie Review: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

My dad and I saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier tonight. It's awesome beyond words!!! I'm never sure how much to tell about a movie without giving too much away. But, basically there's something going on in S.H.I.E.L.D. and it's up to Captain America and friends to stop it. There's lots of action, a great story, and an amazing cast. Captain America wears his, I guess they call it a stealth suit, for a good portion of the movie. But he also wears a slightly modified version of his suit from Captain America: The First Avenger for a good portion of the movie.

Anthony Mackie as Falcon is awesome, and hopefully they're including him in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Samuel L. Jackson had a great part in this movie as Nick Fury. It was great to see Scarlett Johannson as Natasha Romanoff, a.k.a. Black Widow in it. It's great to see her get more screen time so her character can be fleshed out more. Cobie Smulders was great. And in my opinion Chris Evans always does a great job of portraying wholesome superhero Captain America. There were appearances by actors reprising their roles from other movies. Gary Shandling is back after appearing in Iron Man 2. Hayley Atwell returns as Peggy Carter. There's an interesting scene in present day between her and Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America.

The special effects were great in this movie. To see Falcon fly around in the air was awesome. The Winter Soldier's cybernetic arm looked great. It all looked amazing. There was a lot of action. There's excitement through the whole movie. It's also got a great story that ties in with the previous movie, Captain America: The First Avenger. There are exciting twists and turns in the movie. It never gets boring in my opinion.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a great movie, and a must see. I loved it, and I think my dad did as well. I recommend going to see it. And if you do, stay through the credits. If you've been watching Marvel Comics movies, you know there's an extra scene in the credits. Also, watch for Stan Lee's latest cameo. It's an awesome movie!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twix

Sword of Omens

Art Projects