Monty Python's Gumby Revisited

 
"Monty Python's Gumby"
 
In a previous blog post, I posted about this artwork. I mentioned that my version of Gumby looked skinnier than Terry Gilliam's version. My version is actually a cartoon interpretation of Michael Palin as Gumby. Michael Palin tends to be very fit but lean. So I think it actually makes sense that this Gumby is skinny. While I'm on the topic of Monty Python, I'll mention that it's the one-year anniversary of Monty Python Live (Mostly) - One Down Five to Go. I bought the Bluray of the live show earlier this year. It's a great show! It was kind of sad when, at the end, it showed "Monty Python" and then what I guess was supposed to be the birth and death year. I was hoping that since they reunited for that show, they might do a movie like the previous ones they'd done: Monty Python's the Life of Brian, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Monty Python's the Meaning of Life. They also did two that seem to be overlooked sometimes. There was And Now for Something Completely Different, and Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl. They might make more movies. I don't know. The Monty Python guys are unpredictable. They did do a documentary about Monty Python Live (Mostly). It's either titled Monty Python's the Meaning of Live, or just The Meaning of Live. Even if they don't do any more Monty Python stuff, there's decades of Monty Python stuff already. So, I can go back over all that. In any case, it was great to see Monty Python back together, or at least five of them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twix

Art Projects

Sword of Omens